Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Free Tutorial Tuesday-Adult Bib



On a recent visit to my dad at the nursing home he was in, I noticed most of the patients wore adult sized bibs at their meals.  For many meals, my dad would eat in his room and without an aide to assist him with the bib, his dexterity was limited such that he was unable to get the bib on.  These particular bibs were tied at the back of the neck.  There are also adult bibs available that use Velcro or snaps at the back of the neck.  All of these options seemed to create a challenge for anyone with limited range of motion and dexterity.

So I set to work on making a pattern for an adult sized bib that has elastic around the neck.  My thought process with this was that as long as he could get the neck hole at his head – he could just pull it into place even with using only one hand.




#fabric #quilting #adultbib #lovequilting


  

No comments:

Post a Comment