Thursday, November 6, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Quilt - Seahorse

Today's throw back Thursday quilt features french braids with large strips of fabric between the braids and randomly appliqued sea life.  The sea life on this quilt consists of free hand seaweed/plants, sea horses and turtles.


This quilt was made for a long distance friend I had made through my association with the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.  She had become such a great friend to myself and my parents and she loves the beach.

I thought of this quilt recently as a close business associate will be needing a baby quilt soon.  By modifying the color scheme of my braids and using some baby appropriate appliques, it will be a quick and fabulous baby quilt.  I will definitely post pictures when it is complete.

#fabric #quilt #quilting #frenchbraidquilt #seahorses #turtles #lovequilting

Do what you love - Love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment