Thursday, October 2, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Quilt Style - Halloween Pillow

TBT Quilting Style – Halloween pillow

This pillow was created from a free pattern in a magazine that was intended to be a snow globe for Christmas.  It was about this time of year, so I modified the pattern to accommodate Halloween.  I used tulle as the front of my snow globe and filled it with some Halloween buttons.  If you shake my pillow, the Halloween trinkets float around as if in a snow globe!





I used the envelope style of pillow enclosure (free instructions here).  Then I embellished the edge with a Halloween trim all around the edges before sewing the front and back together.  Luckily I took this picture before one of the dogs chewed some of the trim!  I removed the trim so there would be no incidents or costly vet bills.

Don't you just love the back too - all those scary eyes starring at you?!




#halloween #pillow #freeinstructions #quilt #quilting #fabric #snowglobe #lovequilting #throwbackthursday


Do what you love - Love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment