Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wise Words Wednesday-Basting

I don’t know about you, but when I have to un-sew something – I find it a very frustrating task.  It’s seems counter productive and it puts me off my schedule.  



When I’m piecing, I’m a pinner by nature so that things stay lined up including edges and seam intersections.  Recently I have found that if I really want to see how it’s going to look, I use a basting stitch.  If you don’t have a basting stitch, it’s a straight stitch set to the longest possible length.  On my machine, the longest length for a straight stitch is 6 mm, but other machines may vary.  Whether satisfied or not, the basting stitch comes out real easy and saves me all that un-sewing and frustration.  That allows me more time to work on new projects!





#fabric #quilting #seamripper #unsewing #basting #quilt #lovequilting


Do what you love - Love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment