Sunday, July 13, 2014

I’m just back from vacation in New York City with my daughter, celebrating her birthday. We enjoyed fabulous food, wonderful theater and created lifetime memories. While there, we took a tour of the garment district which included a visit to some fabric shops and embellishment/accessory shops. I came home very inspired to get back to my sewing machine.


We were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to meet up with my aunt for dinner one evening. She was carrying this cheesy bag that contained a jacket and a change of shoes. I told her I was going to have to make her a bag and she said what she really wants is a string backpack. I started taking notice of these “string backpacks” as we rode the subway and I studied them, thinking about how to re-create this.


Stay tuned as I focus on constructing a string backpack. I will post instructions and pictures when it’s complete.


Thanks to my wonderful staff who took care of all orders in my absence!


New in the shop are fresh fun colors of Hoffman Watercolor Batiks! Who can resist such luscious fabrics named as Creamsicle and Strawberry Daiquiri?!


Watercolors

Here are a couple of quilt patterns that we found that would be perfect to showcase the Watercolor Batiks. We have over 50 wonderful shades of Watercolors in stock as well as over 80 coordinating batik prints.

Its Electrifying Jewel of the Nile


Shop Now:  www.lovequilting.com


Do what you love – love what you do – lovequilting.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment