Thursday, August 14, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Quilt

Throw Back Thursday Quilt

This quilt was a free pattern download from Northcott.net from 9 years ago.  I checked their archive patterns, but wasn't able to find it again.  What I fell in love with about it was the brightly colored fish.  It was simple, yet striking.

I added a lot of brightly colored embroidered fish to this quilt in between rows and on the borders.

I used a bright variegated thread for quilting in the fish areas, filling it with fish, coral and sea plants.  In the solid areas and borders the quilting represents the motion of the ocean, rippley waves sort of.

With wool batting and flannel on the back, this quilt resides in my car and is used at every one of my son's hockey games!  It's big enough to wrap right around myself, or share with my daughter.





Do what you love - love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment