Thursday, September 4, 2014

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month. I have a tremendous respect for all types of cancers and long term diseases. But I have a special place in my heart for ovarian cancer, as this is the disease I watched my mother fight a courageous battle against and eventually lose her fight to.


At the beginning of her battle, I encouraged all the quilters I knew in both my circle of quilters and my mom’s circle of quilters, to make blocks of any pattern using teal fabric, the official color of hope for ovarian cancer.


I received many blocks from this request and was able to put together a quilt of hope and love for my mom as well as several other quilts that I donated. I continued on this quest of making projects using teal and have donated many many projects over the past 6 years. These donations have included quilts to be auctioned for fund raisers, quilts to patients from kids to adults, wall hangings to hang in hospitals and doctor’s offices to raise awareness, tote bags and pillows.






I have uploaded several free projects to the website for your use in your projects of hope and inspiration. Also, be sure to check out all the free projects. They can be customized to your cause by using a different focal color.


Please email me with a picture of your special creation and I will post them in the Gallery section along with your description of the project.


All of our teal and various shades of teal fabrics will be on sale throughout the month of September in honor of my mom. 

#ovariancancerawareness #teal #quilting #fabric #lovequilting
 

Do what you love - love what you do - Lovequilting.com!

http://www.lovequilting.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment