Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wise Words Wednesday - Clean Your Iron

For my Wise Words Wednesday, I have advice to offer on how to clean your iron.

After years of ironing fusible stabilizer and fusible fleece and fusible web in my projects, and being less than careful, my iron was gunky on the bottom.  This weekend I decided it was time to clean the iron, or at least attempt to.




This whole process is with the iron OFF!  I started with soaking a couple of paper towels with white vinegar.  I left it there for about an hour. 



Then I added baking soda which acted as an abrasive, and swirled it around into a paste so it wouldn’t just fall off.



Then using the paper towel with the baking soda paste, I scrubbed.  It took some work, but as my husband pointed out, next time I shouldn’t wait so long to clean it!






I’m quite pleased with the results!  I filled it with water and pushed steam through it until I was confident that the steam coming out was clean.






#cleanyouriron #fabric #quilting #lovequilting

Do what you love - Love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment