Thursday, September 25, 2014

TBT Quilt - Dresdan Plate

TBT Quilt

Most of the fabrics for this quilt were purchased by my mom during our visit to the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah, KY in 2007.  The Dresdan Plate was my mom’s favorite block.  These Dresdan Plates were needle turn hand appliquéd.




She started hand quilting this quilt in 2009.  Unfortunately, she didn’t make much progress with the quilting when her cancer became quite aggressive and the meds caused many side effects.  My very good friend, Del, completed the hand quilting on this for my mom.  Although Del worked very hard to complete it for her, my mom didn’t get a chance to see it finished.



It looks beautiful and I think she would have been very pleased.  I have this quilt proudly displayed on my bed.


#fabric #quilting #dresdanplate #throwbackthursday #handquilting #lovequilting #aqsquiltshowpaducah




Do what you love - Love what you do - Lovequilting.com

http://www.lovequilting.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment